Wednesday, December 7, 2011

21st Century Tools, Tool # 6

Due to the exposure to the great deal of technology that I have gotten to experience through the GT certifications, and with checking out the couple that were new to me it is cool to see how many different opportunities we have now to integrate technology into our classrooms.

We are currently doing a Project on Animal Adaptations in which my students (if they choose to) can present using the cmoputer. Many of the kiddos have decided to do powerpoints, or use google docs. The great thing about Google Docs, is that they can all have the project open at the same time, and be editing it together! Another great tool of Google docs is that the students can "Share" the documents with me and I can check their progress on a daily basis.

I additionally I have created a Diigo account, which is good to back up  your "favorites" and share them with others when necessary.

I have a Wikispace located HERE, where ther kids can go on and print off homework, or see what is upcoming in ithe week.

I have also created a Twitter account, you can check me out on http://www.twitter.com/ @CoachHarveySFMS.
I haven't used the Twitter yet, I am trying to figure out how I could best use it as an educational tool. Anyone who reads this with any ideas would be greatly appreciated!


I have been using, and will try to use much more often GoogleDocs as I see it as the best and most useful tool we have seen yet. I am excited about all of the possibilities about keeping all students involved, that Google docs provides.

One tool that Is brand new is Poll Everywhere, If you click the image below, you should be able to go to my Poll and vote on your favorite Christmas Song!

No comments:

Post a Comment